Tirunelveli Bar Association was established 30-08-1959, in district court premises Tirunelveli. Reg no of our association is 34 of 1959. Business hours of the society is 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Objectives of the Association
- to promote and protect the rights and welfare of the Advocates with in the provisions of Advocate Act 1961, Bar Council Rules and Tamilnadu Advocates Welfare Fund Act, to maintain law library; to conduct - Law Seminars, and Workshops for Advocates to maintain a cordial relationship between the Bench and Bar, to provide free legal aid to poor, to provide welfare schemes for Advocates and any other acts as decided by the General body.
- to act for the welfare of the members of the Association.
- To Promote and maintain brotherhood and unity among the Advocates.
- To promote and protect the interests of the Advocates.
- To Cultivate high standard of professional Ethics among the Advocates.
- To conduct periodical reviews workshops and seminars with a view to updating the legal knowledge
- To maintain unity and co operation with the Judiciary to ensure fair and just dispensation of justice.
- To educate and guide the young lawyers to maintain the dignity and decorum of the profession both inside and outside court.
The Activities of the association in further of its objects:
For the furtherance of all or any of the aforesaid objectives the Association shall have power and authority to solicit obtain subscriptions and accept donations grants gifts from donors, State/Central Government and also Social Welfare Department, Voluntary agencies within the Country of India or from Abroad.